Network Administrator Level 1
Do you love helping people with their computer questions? Are you one of those techies that have an awesome computer lab at home? Are you good at researching and solving computer challenges? Do you have a solid understanding of computer networking fundamentals such as IP addressing, subnetting, DHCP, and DNS? Are you patient and determined to reach your goals? If so, we want to hear from you.
About the position
This is an entry level network administrator position at the IT consulting firm Alcala Consulting. The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Learn to manage computer networks for many organizations
• Se up new laptops and desktops for end users
• Set up physical and virtual servers
• Set up networking devices such as firewalls, network switches, wireless controllers, wireless access points, etc.
• Apply our documented processes to our clients' networks
• Create and update standard operating procedures
• Write scripts to deploy software or configuration changes automatically
• Documenting all work performed in our ticketing system
• Responding to incidents and end user support requests
• Perform cloud migrations
• Achieve quarterly technical skill development objectives
• Work after hours when needed
Profile of a successful candidate
We have found that the candidates that possess the following traits do very well in this position:
• They have a relentless desire to learn about technology. Invariably, they have built their own computer lab with servers, clients, switches, and routers at their home on a shoestring budget.
• They have mastered how to set up VLANs, subnets, DCHP scopes, and DNS.
• They have completed a four-year degree in computer information systems.
• They passed the CCNA exam and actually retained the material.
• They are good at solving computer challenges.
• They are confident when speaking with people in person and on the telephone.
• They follow through on a project until it is complete.
• They can type over 30 words per minute.
• They are good at studying and passing written tests.
• They write well and concisely.
• They are patient and do not get frustrated easily.
• They like implementing processes to deliver consistent results.
• They enjoy helping people.
What is in it for you?
We offer a competitive pay package open depending on experience, paid medical, dental, disability, and time off. 401K plan. Training and certification assistance. Catered lunches. Our work environment is fun and fast-paced fostered by a culture of continuous improvement.