Help Desk Engineer – Level 1 – Los Angeles
The Help Desk Engineer Level 1 position is responsible for handling desktop level help desk issues for our clients. Ensuring client satisfaction and completing their service requests in an efficient and pleasant manner are essential in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Help Desk Level 1 position is a key contributor to the success of managing our clients' networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our clients' open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate and write clearly through e-mail.
- Must be comfortable and have excellent knowledge of Windows desktop systems (Mac and Linux also a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems and Applications including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Ability to pass IT certification exams every quarter
- Ability to work with little supervision and manage a team.
- Reliable transportation as on-site work will be necessary in client-facing environments.
Success in Help Desk Engineer Level 1 position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed our client's expectations and by exceeding the SLA (Service Level Agreements) put in place for the various agreements.
The team will be graded on the profitability of the client agreements and on the amount of service requests that are able to be resolved before affecting the clients.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Good grasp of DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, subnetting, VLANs
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is preferred.
- Office 365 Experience a plus.
- 2+ years' experience with desktop computer support.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- Type 40+ words per minute
Professional office environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range:$30,000 to $57,000
- Paid Vacation and Health Care
- 401K Plan
- Catered lunches
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Certification Assistance